Trauma Informed Yoga
for Youth Empowerment
Online. At Your Own Pace. Any time.
What to Expect:
This online course will give you practical application. In the Learning Platform there are short responses you must complete and submit. There will be an opportunity to design an outline and plan for a Trauma Informed Youth Class.
You will also need to submit a 30-minute video of yourself teaching a T.I. for Youth Class to complete the reuirements and recieve your certifcate.
You will receive your Certificate validating your Yoga Alliance 12-hour CEUs upon completion of all assignments and the video.
Participants Enrolled in This Course Will…
· The definitions and concepts associated with trauma
· How the body and brain are affected when a person experiences a traumatic event
· Which yoga strategies and techniques can be appropriately integrated into your classes to support and empower all of your students?
· How triggers cause a survivor to re-experience a traumatic episode
· How the neuro-pathways of the brain are changed as a result of experiencing trauma
· Muscle memory as it related to experiencing trauma
and To Be Able To
· Use social and emotional cuing strategies to promote a safe and kind yoga classroom environment
· Apply “whole child” concepts to lessons in an effective and appropriate manner
· Apply yoga techniques and teaching strategies that empower students and promote good mental health practices
· Help students build resiliency in the face of adversity
Sign Up Now
Do not miss this opporuntity!
About your Instructor, Jessica Janowsky
*Master of Science Degree in Education, Elmira College
*Master of Science Degree in Curriculum Instruction Management and Administration, Nova Southeastern University
*Bachelor of Science Degree in Early Childhood Education, Columbus State University
*Certified in Trauma Informed Organization, University of Buffalo
*Certified Worksite Wellness Specialist, National Wellness Institute
*Founder of the Y.O.G.A. (Your Objectives Get Accomplished)